Refinance

Why Churches Should NOT Take The PPP Loan From The Government!

Why Churches Should NOT Take The PPP Loan From The Government!
Get life-changing financial advice anytime, anywhere. Subscribe today:

Get a FREE trial of our life-changing Financial Peace University today:

Visit the Dave Ramsey store today for resources to help you take control of your money!

Ramsey Network (Subscribe Now!)
• The Dave Ramsey Show (Highlights):
• The Dave Ramsey Show (Live):
• The Chris Hogan Show:
• The Rachel Cruze Show:
• The Ken Coleman Show:
• Christy Wright:
• Anthony ONeal:
• EntreLeadership:

Welcome to The Dave Ramsey Show like you’ve never seen it before. On this channel, you will find all of the greatest highlights from The Dave Ramsey Show! The show also live streams on YouTube M-F 2-5pm ET! Watch Dave live in studio every day and see behind-the-scenes action from Dave’s producers. Watch video profiles of debt-free callers and see them call in live from Ramsey Solutions. During breaks, you’ll see exclusive content from our Ramsey Personalities —as well as all kinds of other video pieces that we’ll unveil every day.

The Dave Ramsey Show channel will change the way you experience one of the most popular radio shows in the country!

1. Normally, I would tend to disagree with this assessment under the premises that it sounds alarmists, but judging by the rhetoric of this present election cycle…I would have to agree with Dave on this one.

2. This is really bad information and poorly informed. Dave does great work, but he is speaking on things out of his depth. The law is written and passed on how forgiveness is determined. The sba has issued guidance stating taking the loan will not affect any of the stuff he is claiming. In order for this to change it would take a literal act of Congress. Its not simply a lawsuit or regime change.

The loan is forgiven 6 months from now if you're eligible… so even if you did worry about a new regime passing a new law this will be over before they would take office in January.

3. You guys sound like conspiracy theorists with absolutely no facts to back up your "caution"

4. It’s always easy for Dave to criticize that which has no effect on his own paycheck.

5. Get to Tony I got my debts paid off through his assistance .. now I’ve made 11k in less than 2weeks all these at zero cost reach out to him on 1 2 5 1 2 6 5 3 2 5 9

6. Churches receive benefits from the government all the time in the form of tax exemptions or housing allowances.

7. Dave keeps railing on churches with this loan, and the chance they change the requirements, etc. He really needs to speak to the fact that a lot of restaurants, and other businesses that are shuttered currently are rehiring their employees to do NOTHING in an effort to get this loan. My prediction is we have a lot of small business owners making some very poor decisions under the pretense of this thing being forgiven. How many people have workers they are rehiring right now to do busy work because they can't open their doors? 75% of the PPP loan has to be spent on Payroll or it cannot be forgiven… What happens when it isn't forgiven for some other technicality, or because funding ran out, etc? You've just paid payroll for two months on a loan and still aren't bringing in any revenue. Total insanity!!

8. Why this man is not a libertarian, I will never know.

9. “The price of something for nothing may be more than you can afford.”
    Ezra Taft Benson
    Secretary of Agriculture
    Eisenhower Administration

10. How can Dave “guarantee” that the PPP will be changed and cause churches to compromise their message? If I take his advice and he’s wrong my church just lost $185,000. It is irresponsible for Dave to speak with such absolutes about something he cannot know for sure. And then, he is sparking division among church pastors and their members who listen to his show. Dave, you have overstepped your bounds here. It is not your place to speak out against pastors who are praying and doing the best they can for their local church.

11. I concur,debt is as bad as cancer, which would u rather have? It’s a toss up. Loans to people r like worms to fish, stay away from the worm if u want to survive. I’m poor but I’m debt free for as long as I remember.

12. 😂 that dude on the left did not stop noding from beginning to end!

13. The terms on the loan are 1% interest rate with 2 months of expenses being completely forgiven. It would be moronic not to take the loan. Ramsey is off his rocker.

14. Churches shouldn't take the money, because God is fake and you don't deserve mercy.

15. Are not churches already “taking” funds from the government by being 501(c)3 organizations? What would make an unfriendly regime not demand churches to stand for certain social views to keep their 501(c)3 stays?

16. The victim complex is incredible.

17. Don't let the government know what your church is doing…..wait until they see what the Catholic church has been up to for years

18. Hey Dave I just wanted to thank you for all of your generosity and compassion I wrote a song about you you can catch it on my YouTube channel or my Instagram page. Take care and God bless 🙏

19. Separation of church and state…Shouldn't get a dime!

20. I had an SBA loan on an office condo. Worst decision I ever made. I'll never do it again. (They don't let you pay in full or ahead of schedule when you want to. They maximize interest profit with payoff dates and don't allow principal only payments. They are horrible to deal with.)

21. They should all accept it if it means they don’t get to discriminate against lgbtq 😁

22. Should people tithe on their stimulus check?

23. Churches: We had an agreement!
    Government: I am changing the nature of our agreement. Pray that I do not change it any further.

Or

It's a trap!

24. That’s why it is so important for the congregation to do tithe and offerings!

25. Dave is so political

26. He’s trying to predict the future.

27. Probably nobody cares about my opinion, but I think Dave is right.

28. New flash churches already have loans.Congress probably need to get involved and regulating the church maybe the pastors will stop miss using the funds. No regulation equals more corruption. this is Dave Ramsey personal prediction not the law.

29. They will not forgive the loan because it will be considered a Constitutional violation of the separation of church and state.

30. I agree, churches should not get government funds. You don't pay taxes, government shouldn't give you money period.

31. if forgiveness was "automatic", then why is a called a loan to start with?……cause they plan on not forgiving it!!!!

32. A 501c3 church should not even exist. Prior to 1954 and the Johnson amendment. Churches were understood as being exempt going back to the church's creation in the 1st century. If churches become a 501c3 it's becouse they chose to be not becouse the Government has any Authority to require churches to be. For Lawful expertise see Institute on The Constitution.

33. A lot fake church going out of business

34. I am not an religious man, but churches needs to be independent of all government. That means not taking money from the government!

35. I hope he gives the same advice to church's becoming 501c3s

36. If these people really believe God will save them then let them pay the church fees not the government

37. Sorry, I totally disagree with your view. You are feeding into fear mongering with people of faith. I understand that this is your "schtick". Respectfully though, and your nodding partner, the regime change is needed and no one will be banging on your door to run your business or church. You are well spoken and need to stop watching Fox news.