Refinance

My Expense Property Burned Down!…Now What?

What do you do if your financial investment house burns down!?

In this video clip, Tarl Yarber shares 1 of his financial investment homes that was a short while ago burnt down. Tarl offers assistance on how to deal with this terrible situation each monetarily & mentally by means of this financial investment house walkthrough.

We hope you appreciate & discover from this video clip and if you do, please make sure to LIKE, subscribe, and depart a remark!

Stick to @BiggerPockets

resource

1. FULL VIDEO BEFORE & AFTER COMING SOON!
    Like if you want to see it 😉

2. I assume you had a loan on the property, right? Do you need to come up with the monthly payments or instead the home insurance covers those payments for you? Just trying to understand foclosure rules in this case

3. So on all your rehabs I'm assuming you insure the house for the after repair value?

4. Sounds like another investor had it torched so they can buy it dirt cheap 🤔🤔

5. Sure you didn't burn it down yourself with a can of gas and match sticks because the tenants refused to allow you toraise rent or evict them without cause?

6. God bless & good luck

7. Did you get your full value of the home back or did the insurance screw you?

8. Great video you mention insurance but have to be tenant insurance bc you dont live it or you will cover regardless of that you house is cover against fire only. What happen if is bc a electrical failure it will cover anyways… 2do there are new retrofit spri kle system mist you can add are also smart….

9. Insurance is going to give you at least 1 year of payments plus ALL the rehab.
    Jewish lightning!!!! Win Win!!!

10. Focus on what is, not what it isn't applies to anything and everything in life.

Rephrased, do what you are great at. The more attention you give what you are good at the sooner you will be great at that task.

11. So sorry this setback happened to you. Thank you for the advice.

12. Some of these comments about how happy he is are not cool. I'd be happy too that I had the proper insurance policy. Love people not things/ material possessions.

13. great advice here. really appreciate an owner who does such aa video.

14. Thank you. Great information

15. That would crush anyone just beginning

16. The beauty of real estate investing is you can insure it. Try that with stocks.

17. This made me tear up !

18. DON'T JUMP UP AND DOWN!! AHHHHHHH! 😬😬😛 SORRY YOU HAD THIS HAPPENED TO YOU! THANKS FOR SHARING AND HELPING US LEARN FROM THIS!!

19. BE FRIENDLY OR NICE TO THOSE SQUATTERS THATS HOW WE MANAGED OUR GUT RENOS PROJECTS.

20. That really stinks. It's good insirance covers this but I wonder how long until you will get paid. Insurance tends to take their time and they may lowball you on their first offer. 🤔

21. So you get what, the full amount you insured it for or purchase value, are value? And then, at what conceived value will you be selling it? Therefore will you make actually a profit? Why are burnt down homes not super cheap? They seem to still sell pretty high.

22. Nice! Thats what insurance is for! Chaching!

23. While this really sucks. I am so glad you talked about dealing with what is and not what isn't. Good luck on the next one.

24. Is this what happens when an investor is about to loose a butt load of money on a flip? Someone "breaks in to burn it down" Likely not random, not many ppl do that & the FD & insurance companies know that.

25. This looks like the property the handyman guy referred you to

26. Do you get homeowners or landlord insurance for rental properties??

If you lie to the home insurance company and something happens like a fire, I wonder if they would cover it.

27. I think it's still habitable. Just drop the rents a little and you're good.

28. Rebuild a concrete home

29. Thanks for the info! Definitely helpful for people in the real estate game. Good luck with the next property

30. Holy shit. That’s brutal man sorry

31. You are too happy about your investment property suffering arson.

I think you paid someone to burn down your property.

You may be happy that you have content for a YouTube video in order to further profit from arson.

Most people who suffer from arson feel violated and emotionally distraught.

You smile and laugh like you won money from casino gambling.

Your title is in the passive voice— as if the house itself was to blame for what happened to it… to give the appearance that you are not culpable for the arson.

A better title would be, Someone Set My House on Fire.

#Suspicious #Police #Washington #TarlYarber #Arson #Hire4Fire

🚓🚓🚓🚓💰🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🦹‍♂️

32. this will help a lot of people if they get this into work

33. “I burned my investment property down” 👀

34. That’s crazy! It’s like somebody built a house out of campfires!

Keeping everything in one place, like your insurance details, helps when something like this happens. If they are easy to find that’s one less thing you have to stress about.

Thanks for the video!

35. Great attitude!!
    If I made a video like this, I would have to keep editing out all of the times I started crying, whenever I looked around

36. why would someone break in just to set the house on fire…

37. Seattle is full of junkies and criminals unfortunately

38. This guy sounds like DJ Vlad

39. How long does it take for the insurance $$$$$$. To come back. Since you have to keep making payments on the propertu

40. Thankfully no one was living in it.

41. I'm glad that your able to still laugh…

Edit- And I'm really glad that you had insurance. lol

42. Lol!!!

43. If this was inhabited, what responsibility does the landlord have to the tenant? Does it matter if the fire was caused by the tenant (i.e. cigarette in the trash) or the house/AOG? Are landlords responsible for paying for short-term lodging or cleaning/replacing contents?

44. Some damage control tips I do when renovating a property is to keep as many breakers off as possible, keep the water heater off, and keep water shut off that I don't need. Early in the process I'll even keep the water shut off at the main much of the time.

I get less concerned the longer I go and learn to trust the house more, but I'm almost done a project now and when I leave my bluetooth speaker charging I'll sit it in the middle of tiled floor in cse the battery blows 😅

The latter resulted in an amusing thing. A tenant briefly mentioned that the dishwasher didn't work, but that he didn't look into it much because he was only testing it out and preferred hand washing. A year later the other tenant mentioned it and I asked "Did you turn the water on under the sink?" I went to the sink and it was shut off lol.

45. As long as you have insurance there is a good chance you will make more money from your insurance claim than what you would have if sold on the retail market!!

46. Wow! Sorry this happened. Was this purchased as a flip? As a flipper insurance companies typically tell me they won’t insure unless there’s a tenant in them. Just curious how that worked for you. SO GLAD you got the insurance money though.