Mortgage Calculator

How to Construct a Dynamic Amortization Table in Excel

UPDATE: Soon after comments in the responses area, I have updated the file to appropriate an mistake the place the payoff total was not being correctly calculated when such as curtailment payments

For a cost-free copy of the completed mortgage loan amortization desk in Excel, visit:

For far more cost-free Excel guidelines and cost-free Actual Estate Products visit:

To learn far more about Spencer, visit:

Functions of this model include things like:

– Monthly or annually compounding
– Selection to include things like regular curtailment payments
– Lender generate (APR) calculation
– Interval variability up to 360 durations
– Early prepayment (balloon) calculation (e.g. thirty year amortization with 10 year maturity)
– Straightforward to add prepayment penalty calculation
– Use with present real estate designs to swiftly compute personal debt support and personal loan equilibrium schedules

1. you like to digress! get to the point instead of all the darn details!

2. $10 PayPal for anyone who can do this for me

3. I owner financed a property to someone for 10 years, $70,000, at 8%. Very simple, right? Well, she has made some late payments, partial payments and double payments. The contract also calls for a 5% late fee for any payments 10 days late. Do you have any suggestions on how to do this? Thanks so much!

4. Hi Spencer. Love the tutorial video, I wanted to ask you can create an amortization schedule using variable interest rates. Thanks!

5. Thanks Spencer Tracy!" 😀 It was really helpful!

6. My apologies for blabbing but, when I change the term my Payoff @ year _ ends up with a REF error. Any thoughts?

7. First, great video. This is going to help with my Real Estate investments course this semester! However, My ending balance on period 120 equals my payoff amount rather than being 0. Any ideas? I know it's gotta be in my formula somewhere but I'm unable to see it at the moment. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

8. The spreadsheet doesn't take curtailment into account when calculating the payoff after term. Curtailment creates a negative ending balance and regardless of contribution, it will continue to calculate for the duration of the amortization and its respective term.

9. Hey Spencer Burton great job, I learnt a lot from this 1 video.

10. I'm trying to get into real estate and this will help me find out immensely! Thank you!

11. can you please share how you copy down at 24:18?

12. Great video! I was able to follow along and duplicate this spreadsheet; however, I am trying to add a column for one-time extra payments in addition to the curtailment. I'm having difficulty figuring it out. Would you be so kind as to do a part 2 video explaining how to do this? TIA

13. Works great! ive adapted this to my payment schedule on my car. Ive also modified curtailment to a custom dollar amount each month. It wasn't until recently that ive started larger payments.

14. I get problems when i add a curtailment value? Can you advise?

15. i tried to fallow your steps, but i get the value error.. ;(

16. At 7:28 how did you change to the color blue so quick?